[pve-devel] Default cache mode for VM hard drives

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Mon Apr 13 19:47:22 CEST 2015

Hi Stanislav

Excuse me please, but your link don't tell me nothing about of the root of
the problem of "oos" in DRBD (assuming that the directive
"data-integrity-alg" is disabled).

Also, i have configured in the lvm.conf file "write_cache_state = 0" (may be
this can help you, that is other recomendation of Linbit)

I think that the tuning of DRBD is the key for the success, that i did in
workstations and real servers, and never had problems of "oos", always with
all firmwares of hardware updated and with NICs Intel of 1 Gb/s or 10 Gb/s
with bonding balance-rr exclusive for replication of DRBD (NIC-to-NIC, and i
don't know if will work well with the broadcom brand or with other brands, I
never did a test).

In real servers, with I/OAT engine enabled in the BIOS, and with Intel NICs,
you get better performance (and in my case, without get  a "oos")

Best regards
Cesar