[pve-devel] lxc 1.1 : qcow2 support ?

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Fri Apr 24 17:05:23 CEST 2015

> > Looking at source code
> > https://github.com/lxc/lxc/blob/master/src/lxc/lxc_create.c
> >
> > It doesn't do too much thing.
> >
> > I agree with Diemar, I can be easy to implement this in perl.
> >
> > (and possible to use qemu-img to create qcow2 file for example, ceph rbd,
> > maybe reuse pve-storage  ? )
>
> That is exactly the point -  I want to reuse code from pve-storage.
> I already have a working prototype, but I need to do more tests, especially
> with unprivileged containers ...

OK, here is the final code:

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-container.git;a=blob;f=src/PVE/LXCCreate.pm;h=7366be460488fe0cf1266802a43c2dbe332fc31d;hb=5b4657d05eab58d04a41e502c03b7f8f23b60bab

I implemented the loop mount case as example. Not sure if I miss something, but
this also works with unprivileged containers.

But loop devices are limited - 7 by default, so that is not really usable.
Is there a way to use more loop devices dynamically?