[pve-devel] RFC : cloudinit : PATCH V8

Wolfgang Bumiller w.bumiller at proxmox.com
Tue Aug 4 08:45:06 CEST 2015

I'd like to pick this up again. Have you made any more changes?
Currently generating the cloudinit image is a one-shot mechanism (and
also currently fails if the image already exists.), it ends up as a
"normal" (persistent) image in a cd drive.
I'm wondering if this is ideal, and how this would be represented in the
UI. (Probably a simple «generate cloudinit» button?)
Do we still like to have a way to auto-regenerate it when changing
network configuration? Because for this the current situation is
somewhat inconvenient as we'd have to match the existing drives for a
disk named vm-${vmid}-cloudinit.