[pve-devel] [RFC v0 pve-manager/cloudinit] cloudinit: draft

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Aug 13 09:41:17 CEST 2015

>>Right, but I think we might need to adapt our cloudinit UUID strategy
>>again. Checksums have the issue that when you change to config A, then
>>B, then back to A, A won't be applied, which could be confusing.
>>We've been changing so much so often already, it's getting weird :p
>>
>>Maybe when the VM is running though there should be a button to update
>>the drive, otherwise we'd be ejecting+genearting+inserting on every
>>single interface we change, which would be weird if there are many. OTOH
>>I suppose it's _usually_ just one or two? Don't know.

mmm, indeed, I dind't think about uuid.
Also maybe if later we allow user to customize userdata config file template,

>From gui, I'm not sure that "regenerate" should display again the storage selection.
Maybe a "commit config" button, with just one click to update the config drive should be enough.
(For me "regenerate" mean recreate another config drive, i think we don't want that for each config change ?)