[pve-devel] memory consumption

VELARTIS Philipp Dürhammer p.duerhammer at velartis.at
Wed Aug 19 10:33:45 CEST 2015

So customized client settings (for cache etc..) will never work on other host servers which have no mons or osd's installed.
Only if you know that you have to symlink that file. I didn't know that and it took me a while to find out why my vms where behaving differnet on machines with ceph installed and on machines without ceph just accessing the ceph machines for rbd storage.
I think it is a normal use case to have some ceph machines for storage (and maybe some vms) and also having some other computing with lots of vms. And i would expect that on all hosts rbd storage will have have the same settings and behave the same.