[pve-devel] Blacklisting HP hardware watchdog timer module ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Dec 3 08:53:03 CET 2015

@Dietmar :

if we blacklist all modules in pve-blacklist.conf,

I can't force to load one with define it in /etc/modules.

example :
/etc/modprobe.d/pve-blacklist.conf
blacklist ipmi_watchdog

/etc/modules
ipmi_watchdog

dmesg :

Dec 03 08:45:56 kvmtest1.odiso.net systemd-modules-load[229]: Module 'ipmi_watchdog' is blacklisted
Dec 03 08:45:56 kvmtest1.odiso.net systemd-modules-load[229]: Module 'ipmi_watchdog' is blacklisted

I don't known how to manage that without removing the blacklist from pve-blacklist.conf,
but I think it'll be overwrite at each kernel update ?