[pve-devel] Blacklisting HP hardware watchdog timer module ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Dec 3 17:48:14 CET 2015

>>The timeout must be 60 seconds!! Never change that.
>>
>>We set the timeout to 60s when we start watchdog-mux.
Ah ok. I thinked we need to define it manually

What is the difference between this 2 timeout ?

+ int watchdog_timeout = 10;
+ int client_watchdog_timeout = 60;

ipmitool give me 10s, so it's seem to works fine :)
# ipmitool mc watchdog get
  Initial Countdown:      10 sec

> Another question, I have done some tests 2weeks ago with a customer,
> and I think I had some problem, if the node reboot too fast
> (pve-ha-manager see the node down, but it's coming up again before the vm was
> migrated).
> Is it a known bug ?

>>What bug exactly?
I don't remember exactly, but lrm or crm was stuck, because node (and vms) had rebooted too fast.

I don't have access to customer logs sorry.

> BTW, what is the best timeout for the watchdog ?
> I think that pve ha manager wait for around 1min before migrating vm ?
> if yes, the watchdog timeout should be lower ?

The timeout must be 60 seconds!! Never change that.

We set the timeout to 60s when we start watchdog-mux.

> Another question, I have done some tests 2weeks ago with a customer,
> and I think I had some problem, if the node reboot too fast
> (pve-ha-manager see the node down, but it's coming up again before the vm was
> migrated).
> Is it a known bug ?

What bug exactly?