[pve-devel] training session : bugs founds and features requests

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Feb 6 08:16:05 CET 2015

Hi,

I have finish our week session with 6 peoples,
We have found some bugs, and I have also receive features requests.

bugs
----
-resize disk qcow2 : not working when snapshot exist  (qemu error)
-ceph : osd daemons are not always starting at boot. (maybe related to /etc/pve and pve-cluster service ?)
-rgmanager :not always starting at boot
-HA : node not fenced when no HA vm is present on this node
-network config gui tab -> convert bridge to openvswitch : can't remove vmbr0 linux bridge
  (It's seem also that vmbr0 is always displayed, even if we remove it from /etc/network/interfaces)

features
---------
-HA: when enabling HA, in vmid list, don't display vmid when vm is running. (as the vm really need to be stopped before HA is enabled)

-add a section to display proxmox services/daemon, with their status (running|stopped)
-vm firewall : rules : interface in|out field : add a list with available network interfaces
-pool : add ressources limit by pool. (for example, a pool can have a total of 10gb of memory for the total of all vms in this pool)
- permissions : user with admin access to 1 pool only : create a vm : select the pool by default.
   (if we don't select a pool on vm create, we have a permission error at the end, with not clear description of the problem)

-firewall : display default drop or accept policy in rules, at the end of the rules

- Have some kind of backup ip admin, for hosts management.
  (We have configured a second multicast ring with corosync,on different switch/interfaces, w
   which works fine, but user want also that proxmox nodes can communicate on the second backup network)

- network gui : users want to be able to do simple things like adding a new bridge, without need to reboot.

Alexandre