[pve-devel] bridge on top of bridge?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Feb 11 20:25:38 CET 2015

>>does anybody know a way to have two bridges on top of one bond?

AFAIK, it's not possible to put a single interfaces on 2 bridge.

It's possible with tagged interfaces.

But I think that mixing 1 interface - 1 brige
                        1 internface.tag - 1 another bridge

is not working
(maybe a linux bug).

I think it's work with openvswitch.
(I think it work also with an ovs on top of another ovs with tagged port)

Another possibility could be to use the new vlan filtering feature of linux bridge in kernel 3.10.