[pve-devel] bridge on top of bridge?

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Wed Feb 11 20:44:09 CET 2015

Am 11.02.2015 um 20:25 schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
>>> does anybody know a way to have two bridges on top of one bond?
>
> AFAIK, it's not possible to put a single interfaces on 2 bridge.
>
> It's possible with tagged interfaces.

Yes but the problem is i just would like to have a PVID - so no untagged
traffic on that bridge but there may be other tap devices with a vid.

> But I think that mixing 1 interface - 1 brige
>                          1 internface.tag - 1 another bridge
>
> is not working
> (maybe a linux bug).
That may work but won't help me as the "another" bridge may contain
multiple other tags.

> I think it's work with openvswitch.
> (I think it work also with an ovs on top of another ovs with tagged port)

That sounds great. Never touched openvswitch? Is there a howto for
proxmox? What's the advantage over normal linux bridges?

Greets,
Stefan