[pve-devel] bridge on top of bridge?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Feb 12 00:48:13 CET 2015

>>That sounds great. Never touched openvswitch? Is there a howto for
>>proxmox?
Well you can use the gui to configure it ;)
also this wiki:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Open_vSwitch

>>What's the advantage over normal linux bridges?

performance is almost the same, but you can tag vlan by port, like a real switch.
they are also features like netflow,sflow,span,rspan.
also vxlan support

bonding is managed by ovs too.

here some example of debian config
http://git.openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob;f=debian/openvswitch-switch.README.Debian;h=8617e77103eadb55a5083de6400efde53109b29e;hb=HEAD

(in proxmox you can define a vmbrX ovs, proxmox detect if it's an linux bridge or ovs, and plug correctly the qemu tap interfaces)