[pve-devel] Quorum problems with NICs Intel of 10 Gb/s and VMsturns off

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jan 6 04:37:33 CET 2015

>>And about of your suggestion:
>>-A PVEFW-HOST-IN -s yournetwork/24 -p udp -m addrtype --dst-type
>>MULTICAST -m udp --dport 5404:5405 -j RETURN

Note that this is the rules for HOST-IN,
if you want to adapt you can do

-A FORWARD -s yournetwork/24 -p udp -m addrtype --dst-type MULTICAST -m udp --dport 5404:5405 -j DROP

>>1) ¿Such rule will avoid the cluster communication to the VMs?
>>2) ¿Such rule will not prejudice the normal use of the igmp protocol own of
the Windows systems in the VMs?

this will block multicast traffic, on udp port 5404:5405 (corosync default port), from your source network.

>>3) If both answers are correct, where i should put the rule that you
suggest?

Currently it's not possible to do it with proxmox firewall,
but you can add it in rc.local for example.

iptables -A FORWARD -s yournetwork/24 -p udp -m addrtype --dst-type MULTICAST -m udp --dport 5404:5405 -j DROP

Proxmox firewall don't override custom rules

Recently i have tested in the company that igmp is necessary for the VMs
(tested with tcpdump), the company has Windows Servers as VMs and several
Windows systems as workstations in the local network, so i can tell you that
i need to have the protocol igmp enabled in some VMs for that the Windows
systems in the company work perfectly.

And about of your suggestion:
-A PVEFW-HOST-IN -s yournetwork/24 -p udp -m addrtype --dst-type
MULTICAST -m udp --dport 5404:5405 -j RETURN

I would like to do some questions: