[pve-devel] qemu-server : cpu hotplug rework

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Jan 23 05:17:25 CET 2015

>>Or should we simply assume 'vcpus' is the switch to enable hotplug?
Yes, I thinked at something like this.

On gui, on processor form,

maybe can we replace the "total cores: x" text, by a numberfield (vcpus)

"total enabled cores: x"

-default is (sockets * cores)

I'll try to see how it's implemented in vmware, xen, ovirt ...

>>We could do the same for memory hotplug, and disable it if 'dimm_memory' is
>>not defined inside config?

For memory hotplug, we need to define "maxmemory" option to enable dimm hotplug