[pve-devel] Activation of Open vSwitch

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Jan 30 08:09:13 CET 2015

>>can I install the Open vSwitch in a running proxmox host or will this change the other settings of running containers,
>>that I have then a big problem?
yes

>> About the standard settings in the host, is the /etc/network/interfaces the only
>>one file, that the installation of ovs change?
yes (It don't touch /etc/network/interfaces, you need to change it manually)

>>When I make a backup of this file, can I revert when I copy back this
>>backup to the orginal and then the host works so as before?

yes !

can I install the Open vSwitch in a running proxmox host or will this change the other settings of running containers,
that I have then a big problem? About the standard settings in the host, is the /etc/network/interfaces the only
one file, that the installation of ovs change? When I make a backup of this file, can I revert when I copy back this
backup to the orginal and then the host works so as before?

Regsrds

Detlef