[pve-devel] Optimizing CPU flags

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Fri Jan 30 22:23:17 CET 2015

on stackoverflow i read that vmware and RHEV / oVirt already do this in
clusters.

"For mixed clusters, use the lowest available CPU version, so if one
host is Penryn and the other Nehalem, use Penryn on both. If you are
using RHEV or oVirt, this is already built in. VMWare have this called
"EVC" and position it as a huge feature."

I think somethink like this for proxmox instead of using kvm64 as a
default would be great!

Greets,
Stefan