[pve-devel] Network configuration

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Wed Jul 22 01:25:14 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I have installed a proxmox 4.0 to test openvswitch and IMHO the current
network GUI config is not suited for the task since every time you need
to create or delete an OVSint Port a reboot of the node is required. I
will therefore propose a change in the GUI which allows creating or
deleting of OVSint Port without the need for a reboot of the node.
Creating OVS Bonds and OVS Bridges IMHO should still require a reboot
of the node since changes here is something rarely done after initial
configuration and changing configuration of this will break basic
networking on the node.

What is your opinion to this suggestion?

Second. If the above is implemented then in my opinion using
openvswitch is far superior to Linux Bridge/Bond and gives greater
flexibility while at the same time is more logical and simple in use in
which case I propose that the installer change default network
configuration to use openvswitch in proxmox 4.0.

What is your opinion to this suggestion?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys: