[pve-devel] Network configuration

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Wed Jul 22 19:06:52 CEST 2015

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 18:14:07 +0200 (CEST)
Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> really? i.e. can we use iptables with ovs?

In 2.4 something similar are implemented:
http://openvswitch.org/support/ovscon2014/17/1030-conntrack_nat.pdf

> Most standard linux bond modes are missing? And I never found a good
> documentation about the implemented bond modes - do you know any
> docs?

Bonding Configuration:
       A port that has more than one interface is a ``bonded  port.’’
Bonding allows for load balancing and fail-over.

       The  following  types  of  bonding  will work with any kind of
       upstream switch.  On the upstream switch, do not configure the
       interfaces  as  a bond:

              balance-slb
                     Balances  flows  among slaves based on source MAC
              address and output VLAN, with  periodic  rebalancing  as
              traffic patterns change.

              active-backup
                     Assigns  all flows to one slave, failing over to a
              backup slave when the active slave is  disabled.   This
              is  the only bonding mode in which interfaces may be
              plugged into different upstream switches.

       The following modes require the upstream switch to support
       802.3ad with successful  LACP  negotiation. If LACP negotiation
       fails and other-con‐ fig:lacp-fallback-ab is true, then
       active-backup mode is used:

              balance-tcp
                     Balances flows among slaves based on L2, L3, and
              L4  pro‐ tocol  information  such  as  destination MAC
              address, IP address, and TCP port.

http://openvswitch.org/support/dist-docs/ovs-vswitchd.conf.db.5.txt

balance-slb ~≃ balance-tlb (mode 5)
active-backup = active-backup (mode 1)