[pve-devel] Small bug

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Thu Jul 23 19:43:51 CEST 2015

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 09:08:05 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at datanom.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday I created a VM which was assigned an ID that was reused from
> a previous VM (the algorithm in proxmox). I added this new VM to a pool
> and this morning I received this mail from the cron.daily.
>
> /etc/cron.daily/pve:
> user config - ignore duplicate vmid '101' in pool 'test'
>
> Apparently the previous VM having that ID was also member of the same
> pool so could it be that when a VM is destroyed it is not removed from
> the pool?

I have been studying the VM history which shows that id 101 was last
used for a CT which at that time was member of another pool named base.
This was before switching to the 3.10 series kernel. Before switching
to the 3.10 kernel I dropped this CT and ported it to a VM with another
id.

When I created the new vm 101 I choose the pool test and as documented
in another mail there is no vm with id 101 in test but instead the new
server I created is now part of the pool base!!

pool:base:System which most always be
running:152,128,155,156,114,115,143,137,109,101,144,125,117,148,113:gfs1,omnios_nfs,qnap_nfs,omnios,omnios_ib,omnios_ib_nfs,qnap_lvm:

As you can see above this pool has a storage member named gfs1 which
was a gluster storage I did some experimental with but this storage no
longer __exists__!!! See attached screenshot.

How is that possible?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
A hundred thousand lemmings can't be wrong!