[pve-devel] linux bridge new features presentation

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sun Jul 26 12:23:31 CEST 2015

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 12:02:01 +0200 (CEST)
Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have found a very good presentation of new linux bridge features
>
> https://www.netdev01.org/docs/netdev_tutorial_bridge_makita_150213.pdf
>
> including vlan filtering, qinq, mac address filtering (Learning / flooding control),...

Nice presentation. Seems to me that linux bridge (since kernel 3.19) is
leveling the feature set with open vswitch. The biggest problem for me
with linux bridge has always been the fact that you need a separate
bridge for each vlan which makes configuration overcomplicated and
messy.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they all own
cats.