[pve-devel] Qemu / virtio-rng-pci

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Mon Jun 1 14:58:16 CEST 2015

Am 01.06.2015 um 14:51 schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
> I just send a patch.

Oh great.

> can you test it ?

Sure. I'm just thinking about the check regarding Qemu 2.3. I would also
like to use it for older qemu versions / installations.

Is there no other way to support it and not to break live migration?

> (I'm using /dev/random, not sure we want to add support for hardware entropy devices ?)

I think not right now. Intel already implemented a CPU Feature flag, so
that you do not need entropy devices at all. So i think they get
replaced anyway.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RdRand

Stefan