[pve-devel] feature request : pve-manager tasks grid : keep running tasks on top ?

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Wed Jun 10 11:36:17 CEST 2015

Hello Stefan
On 06/09/2015 09:07 PM, Stefan Priebe wrote:

> Am 09.06.2015 um 20:15 schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>>> Sometimes some long running tasks (move disk for example), can take
>>> hours,
>>> and are lost inside the other logs, need to scroll to find them,...
>>
>> I guess this is a bug then. I thought task sorting should
>> already keep running tasks on top.
>
> +1 - no it does not

It seems, we only sort the tasks at the momment according to starttime

snippet from dc/Tasks.js

	var taskstore = new PVE.data.UpdateStore({
		storeid: 'pve-cluster-tasks',
	    model: 'pve-tasks',
	    proxy: {
                type: 'pve',
		url: '/api2/json/cluster/tasks'
	    },
	    sorters: [
		{
		    property : 'starttime',
		    direction: 'DESC'
		}
	    ]
	});

Stefan, could maybe you please make a bug report about that in
bugzilla.proxmox.com ? At best the bug report should descrinbe what
should be the optimal display order whan we have a mix of started tasks
which are finished or not.

Emmanuel