[pve-devel] Proxmox directly on LVM2 possible?

Andreas Steinel a.steinel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 19:40:24 CEST 2015

Hi list,

I just tried to boot proxmox on one LVM-Volume over EFI and run into
the problem that the VG could not be activated automatically. I
"installed" the system by rsyncing a working non-LVM installation,
fixing initramfs and then booting it up using refined on my iMac via
UEFI.

I got into busybox-rescue and this solved the thing interactively:

vgchange -ay && exit

After looking around I found this entry on serverfault regarding this problem
and it solves my problem (corresponding Debian bug #568838):

http://serverfault.com/a/200580

Is this a "real" bug (or just "mine") and can the aforementioned patch
be applied to the LVM2-Git of Proxmox so that I don't have to patch
lvm2 again if the pve package is updated?

Best,
Andreas