[pve-devel] ceph packages for jessie

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jun 16 08:02:51 CEST 2015

ceph team is still working on it (and other distro).

It's take a little more time than expected, because they will also do units tests, regression test,...
on their test cluster.

But It's planned. (I think it'll be ok before the end of the month)

>>Or should we just use the packages provided by debian?

AFAIK, they are no hammer packages in debian jessie.

Also,currently, debian jessie packages are firefly 0.80.7-2.

But ceph repo (wheezy packages)  are already at 0.80.9.

That mean than if a proxmox user on wheezy is already at 0.80.9,
the packages will not be updated with jessie migration

If you want, I can build last hammer packages for jessie, it's quite easy.

http://ceph.com/docs/next/install/build-ceph/

# git clone ceph
# cd ceph
#./install-deps.sh
# dpkg-buildpackage

what is the status of the ceph packages for debian jessie? Seems
ceph.com still has no repositories:

http://ceph.com/debian-hammer/dists/

Or should we just use the packages provided by debian?