[pve-devel] RFC: qemu-server : add cloudinit support

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Jun 17 13:06:30 CEST 2015

> >>I would generate a Digest using all cloud-init related values, and
> >>re-gererate
> >>the iso at VM start
> >>if the digest has changed.
>
> Ok. Maybe can be generate the cloudinit iso file with  vmid-digest.iso ?
> Like this no need to store the dgest  in vmid.conf ?

exactly

> Also, Do we need to set theses changed values in pending or not ?

Not sure about that, but I guess using pending would be more correct.

I also also not sure if we should store ip config inside netX, or use
a separate property like:

net0: virtio=8A:5E:75:3B:29:33,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1
ipconfig0: ip=1.2.3.4/20,gw=...

Because setting in 'netX' are hot-pluggable, but ip configuration is not.
What do you think?