[pve-devel] RFC: qemu-server : add cloudinit support

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Jun 19 11:02:46 CEST 2015

>>That data can change, so it would be safer to generate an iso, and use rsync
>>to copy that image when we migrate the VM?

Maybe it was not clear,
but I was talking about wolfgang patch to use vfat drive, which should allow to not generate an iso,
but map files from host to guest directly

something like

/etc/pve/cloud-init/132/openstack/latest/meta_data.json
/etc/pve/cloud-init/132/openstack/latest/user_data

qemu -drive file=fat:/etc/pve/cloud-init/132/

(of course we need to keep config in vmid.conf, pending,.... and generat this files when needed)