[pve-devel] Host freeze exaclty after 00:00h

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Mar 5 09:11:59 CET 2015

Hi Detlef,

I have seen problems similar to this previously, but only on test clusters.

What version of packages?

My diagnose was that there was some process gone crazy that affected all
the node. I don't think I had CTs there. Did you have VMs running?

On 05/03/15 07:55, Detlef Bracker wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I will inform, can been a problem in proxmox, the host freeze from
> 00:00h (why exactly at 00:00h) until reboot with this problems on host:
>
> htop - blank page and q or CTRL+C withour resolution - I must connect
> via new ssh windoww
> ps -ef - stops in the list and hangs + CTRL-C without resolution - I
> must connect via new ssh windoww
> atop - blank page and q or CTRL+C without resolution - I must connect
> via new ssh windoww
> df - hangs and + CTRL+C withour resolution - I must connect via new ssh
> windoww
>
> Proxmox-Statistics after 00:00 h - without graphs
>
> Containers all in grey in the GUI without Hostname in the list
>
> ok, I start then a shutdown - script for all running containers
>
> one container need longer time - and was killing automaticly
> then much containers down normal
> one container with 100 % in GUI hangs and shutdown and not shutdown/stop
> possible (not from GUI/not from console) - only with hard method
>
> rm /vz/lock/104.lck
> vzctl chkpnt 104 --kill
>

> all other after this container then shutdown normal
> Load-AVG absolute hight but no containers runs / and no VMs
>
> reboot of Host - signals, but not shutdown
>
> ps -ef hangs, but now shows me much prozesses from old day
> (Host-Prozesses) - posible frozen - I must connect via new ssh windoww
>
> reboot -d -n -f
>
> then reboot the host and after restarting the host, all runs fine, but
> now I search the problem!

Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico
Binovo IT Human Project, S.L.
Telf. 943575997