[pve-devel] DRBD9 test packages for jessie

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Fri Mar 20 20:29:25 CET 2015

It is fantastic !!!

Talking about of DRBD, for now, and if is possibe, i would like to order a
features:

1- While a VM is running with LVM on top of DRBD, the replicate storages be
in secondary mode, ie, only to have a primary storage for each VM that is
running (that always was the recommendation of LINBIT for security reasons).

2- And when i apply a live migration of a VM, the DRBD plugin first see if
the replicated storage is perfectly synchronized (in terms of drbd "oos"
that mean: "out of sync"), and if really are perfectly synchronized, the
plugin converts the secondary storage in primary for after apply the live
migration, and after of a live migration successfully, finally convert the
old primary storage in secondary. Of this mode, always we have a primary
storage in execution for each VM.

3- But if we have the case of "oos", the plugin don't accept the live
migration, and a error message appear in the screen.

About of the verification of replicated storages in DRBD:
4- As DRBD has a command that do a verification of data and metadata of the
replicated storages, will be fantastic have it  in the schedule of the
PVE-GUI.

About of do a resynchronization if a storage is in "oos":
5- As DRBD has a set of commands for do a resynchronization (applied only to
the blocks of disk that are different and not for the complet storage), also
will be good have it in the PVE-GUI.