[pve-devel] move iothread option from global to disk

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Mar 25 07:18:56 CET 2015

> (You can plug 256 drives on 1 controller,
> so with 1disk by controller, I only manage 14 drives (which is the limit of
> gui currently))

We slowly run out of free PCI slots ...

So if we add this patch, we need a way to add another pci bus - any idea?

And I think it is maybe better to have different scsihw types:

scsihw: virtio-scsi-pci # what we have now

scsihw: virtio-scsi-multi # one io-thread per drive

I guess that would make hotplug code simpler?