[pve-devel] criu for lxc news on criu.org

Waschbüsch IT-Services GmbH service at waschbuesch.it
Sun Mar 29 20:17:25 CEST 2015

> Am 29.03.2015 um 20:07 schrieb Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com>:
>
>> I guess that is not really the problem, but Docker is intended to run
>> applications not full systems like the way it works for OpenVZ now.
>
> It is even more limited. The idea is to run single binaries inside a docker
> container.

Agreed. I am no expert by any means, but from what I could see so far, docker seems more geared towards App deployment / management with sandboxing and lots of other bells and whistles. That is a different beast than virtualizing a complete operating system.

> But in real world, most applications need to run many different binaries.

I'd vote for LXC. It is by far a closer match to OpenVZ.

Martin