[pve-devel] qemu-server : cgroups implementation through systemd-run

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat May 30 10:42:04 CEST 2015

>>Sorry, I did not get what you mean? I simply translate
>>
>># cat /etc/pve/lxc/101/config
l>>xc.cgroup.cpu.cfs_period_us = 100000
>>lxc.cgroup.cpu.cfs_quota_us = 100000
>>
>># pct config 101
>>cpus: 1

>>You think I should call it 'cpulimit' instead of 'cpus'?

I mean, if you go in a container, do a "top", you'll always see the full number of cpus of the host.

in openvz :
 cfs_quota_us = cpulimit.
 cpus = number of cores assign in a container.

It's possible to really fix the number of cpus inside the container with cpu.cpuset.
(The only problem is that we need to specify cpuids we want to assign, so it's not easy to have a good auto loadbalacing with multiple containers)