[pve-devel] qemu-server : cgroups implementation through systemd-run

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun May 31 18:47:10 CEST 2015

>>I though it apply globally, but I am unsure now.

Just tested, you are right, it's globally for the number of cpus in the groups (default all cpus).

so , with 20cores host, and cpus limit 2,

you can indeed use 2 cpu full, or split the load accross all cpus.

(It's just a counter with limit after a number of cpu cycles used, but can be used on any cpu)

>>Anyway, I guess I will rename 'cpus' into 'cpulimit', and we can then add further
>>cpu restrictions in future.

I agree with that, it's more clear to understand.