[pve-devel] Nagios Check for vzdump Backups

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Mon Nov 9 16:56:23 CET 2015

Hi Mario,

El 09/11/15 a las 16:48, Mario Loderer escribió:
> it works :) Thanks!
Fine, we use it internally and in a pair of customers, glad to see it is
usefull for someone else :)

> Is it right that i can only check on backup per check? Or is it
> possible to check all vm's and make excludes?
>
> Something like this:
>
> ./check_vdzump -n win8.1-pro-template testbackup testvm
> ./check_vdzump -n ALL --exclude 102 103
> ./check_vdzump -n ALL --exclude testvm testbackup
Only one is possible, you'll have to extend the script for a -n ALL to
work. I don't think it is trivial because it depends on your actual
backup jobs... :) the scripts looks for vzdump logs, so you should check
in /etc/pve/qemu-server the VMs in the machine, to enumerate them, and
interate on them. Also VM and CTs can change host...

We usually have this on clusters, so we check the backups of the VMs on
all proxmox nodes, and if check is ok in one node, then backup of that
VM is good.

Cheers
Eneko

--