[pve-devel] [RFC pve-ha-manager 2/5] add Fence class for external fence devices

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Sun Nov 15 19:47:54 CET 2015

Am 15.11.2015 um 10:38 schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>> When a device fails to successfully fence a node we try the next device
>> configured, or if no device is left we fall back to the current
>> procedure and wait until we got the lrm agent lock of the node.
> Do you think it is a good idea to merge both fencing mechanisms?
This was one point were I would be glad to have some Input from people
which have an external fencing setup successful in use.

The first reason I did it like this was that I had touch less code to be
honest, also a backup for the fencing process seemed nice to me.

An important reason to "merge" it is that it gives us a fall back option
in the case all fencing fails. (from misconfiguration too some HW
fallout) We then can wait for the agent lock and resume as usual.
Without merged fencing device a lot of questions pop up what to do in
such an error case.