[pve-devel] adding a vm workload scheduler feature

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Nov 17 17:59:54 CET 2015

>> I think that any load/cpu metric will be difficult(unstable).
>> I would simply use static values like cpu count or max. memory.
>
>or static weight.

For my personnal usage, I don't think it'll work, because I have a lot of differents workload at different time,
and some vms can use sometime 0% cpu and 80% at spike hours.

But indeed, dynamic stats is not easy to resolve.

Ovirt has a planned feature which use optaplanner

http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Optaplanner
This seem to do some kind of heuristics and maths (out of my competence ;), to known which vm migrate.

Another interesting whitepaper with algorithms
"Dynamic Load Balancing of Virtual Machines using QEMU-KVM"
http://research.ijcaonline.org/volume46/number6/pxc3879263.pdf