[pve-devel] proxmox 3->4 cluster upgrade : corosync2 wheezy transition package ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Oct 3 09:02:02 CEST 2015

Hi,

Currently the only way to upgrade to proxmox 4, is to upgrade all the nodes at the same time to jessie.
It's possible to do it online, with vms running, but it very risky if something bad happen (multicast bug for example).

I wonder if it could be great (ad possible? )to make a corosync2 transition package for wheezy.

Like this we could mix (proxmox3-wheezy-corosync2  and proxmox4-jessie-corosync2),
and do live migration as usual.

What do you think about it ?