[pve-devel] proxmox 3->4 cluster upgrade : corosync2 wheezy transition package ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Oct 3 15:34:25 CEST 2015

>>You need to update at least 3 packages for that:
>>
>>- libqb
>>- corosync
>>- pve-cluster
>>
>>and that update will have bad side effects for all other cluster related
>>packages
>>
>>- redhat-cluster-pve
>>- openais
>>- clvmd
>>- anything else?

Need to disable HA before upgrade.

For clvmd, I really don't known what is the impact, as I don't use it.

>>This looks really complex to me?

Yes, I don't say it's easy, but the only other way currently, if we want no interruption (for qemu of course),
and be able to do live migration is :

1) keep a node empty without any vm
2) upgrade all hosts in the cluster to jessie  + proxmox 4.0 (in place, with vms running during the upgrade)
3) reboot the empty node
4) migrate all vm  from 1 node to the empty node
5) reboot the new empty node
  ..

Another way, could be to build a new cluster,
and be allowed to do live migration between clusters.
(Need a little work, but technically it's possible).
Only with special command line, not exposed in gui.