[pve-devel] Proxmox 4 feedback

Gilou contact+dev at gilouweb.com
Sat Oct 3 22:40:00 CEST 2015

Le 02/10/2015 15:18, Thomas Lamprecht a écrit :

> On 10/02/2015 11:59 AM, Gilou wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed PVE 4 Beta2 (43 ?), and played a bit with it.
>>
>> I do not notice the same bug I had on 3.4 with Windows 2012 rollbacks of
>> snapshots: it just works, that is great.
>>
>> However, I keep on getting an error on different pages: "Too many
>> redirections (599)". Any clue what could cause that? It happens even
>> more often on the storage contents...
> How do you connect to the web interface, network and browser? We do not
> redirect from our proxy, AFAIK.
>>
>> I have an issue installing it over an old debian (that was running PVE
>> 3.4), it seems it has a hard time properly partitionning the local disk,
>> I'll investigate a bit further on that.
> How did you install it over the old debian? PVE4 is based on debian
> jessie, whereas PVE3.4 is based on wheezy so an upgrade is needed, but
> that's not that trivial.
> You can install PVE4 on a - new installed - plain debian jessie, though.

I did it that way (I didn't want to try the upgrade from Debian,
assuming it would end badly ;)). But it seems that it barfed on the
partition layout. I deleted the partition table, and it installed just
fine. I haven't reproduced or troubleshooted any further.

Also, I managed to kill HA, it was working fine on PVE3, but in PVE4 it
just didn't work... I have to read more about the new resource manager,
but I wasn't impressed by the reliability of the beta overall. I'll get
back to it next week and investigate further.

Working on a 4.x kernel & with LXC is quite refreshing though...

Gilles