[pve-devel] disable-efi-enable-pxe-roms.patch break livemigration from old qemu guest without pxe

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Fri Oct 23 08:24:55 CEST 2015

> Another way could be to use add romfile option to netX in vmid.conf,
> and update it at vm_start if a new rom version is available (use glob on rom
> directory, take rom with biggest number suffix)

I don't really like above approach.

> It's possible also to use qmp "info qtree", to retrieve current rom filenames,
>
> on source vm.
> (we could keep roms with version suffix for examples)

my $cmd = { execute => 'qom-get', arguments => { path => 'net0', property =>
'romfile'} };
my $res = PVE::QemuServer::vm_qmp_command($vmid, $cmd);
print Dumper($res);
$VAR1 = 'efi-virtio.rom';

So we could query what files are used currently.

Not sure how that helps, so I will revert my changes until we
have a better solution for the problem.