[pve-devel] qemu start hanging on dell r710

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Sep 29 12:20:02 CEST 2015

Ok, It seem to be a qemu bug.

setting

machine: pc-i440fx-2.3

is working for me

I'm seeing a similar bug report here:
https://lacyc3.eu/qemu-guest-has-not-initialized-the-display

----- Mail original -----
De: "aderumier" <aderumier at odiso.com>
À: "pve-devel" <pve-devel at pve.proxmox.com>
Envoyé: Mardi 29 Septembre 2015 11:50:33
Objet: [pve-devel] qemu start hanging on dell r710

Hi,

users reported qemu problem since beta2 with some hardware

http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/23548-PVE-4-0-Beta2-qemu-acpi

I'm finally able to reproduce it with a clean beta2 install on dell r710.

the qemu process start, but freeze and vnc is not working.

reverting to pve-qemu-kvm 2.3-6 is working, pve-qemu-kvm 2.3-8 (qemu 2.4rc) is already hanging.

(I can't reproduce this bug on dell r730 and old dell poweredge 2950)

I don't known yet if it's a qemu 2.4 bug, or proxmox patch bug.

I'll try to build a clean qemu 2.4 without patches to see if it's help.