[pve-devel] Storage::Plugin::deactivate_volume not executed, when VM does shutdown

Jasmin J. jasmin at anw.at
Sun Dec 11 14:31:39 CET 2016

 > Why? There is no real need to deactivate a volume, unless you move the VM
 > to another node.
I already told you why:
   For a DRBD8 plugin, which I want to write, it is essential to switch the
   volume back to secondary after using it. Otherwise it can't be used on the
   other machine and you need manual intervention to solve this issue.

 >> (eg.: "pvedaemon[6695]: client closed connection") to the storage and this
 >> behaviour is intended?
 > Yes.
What would be, if we would implement a call to "deactivate_volume" in
pvedaemon? Does this harm anything?
I already wrote:
   If you point me in the right direction, I can try to fix it ...