[pve-devel] pve-kernel package : add irqbalance as recommended ? (like debian linux-image package)

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Feb 22 10:07:18 CET 2016

>>nearly all current cards and drivers do that. That's the reason why you
>>don't need it with current HW and drivers. Not sure why mellanox isn't
>>doing that by default - see alexandre's post.
>>
>>adaptec, lsi and intel have all queues per cpu / interrupt.
>>
>>Stefan

I don't remember the interrupts distribution when doing the ceph benchmark.
But they was also a lot of cpu load at the same time, so maybe irqbalance help to redistribute
irq to less busy core.

Here a recent slide from redhat about irqbalance

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/interrupts_16x9_final.pdf

Seem that since irqbalance 1.X, they are almost able to do same auto fined tuning than manual affinity.