[pve-devel] virtual scsi disk passed with scsi-block with lvm host storage (wrong)

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Feb 25 07:54:16 CET 2016

>>Why --drop=cap_sys_rawio.
To be honest, I don't known.

>>Does kvm drop this when starting?
no, it's need it for scsi-block passthrough

http://www.linux-kvm.org/images/7/77/2012-forum-thin-provisioning.pdf

from slides 10, scsi passthrough need it.

The problem seem to be that lvm allow it, so our scsi_inquiry code think
that's is ok and that we can do passthrough.

The result in qemu, is that the whole underlaying /dev/sdx  is passthrough to the vm,
and not the lvm volume