[pve-devel] [RFC manager] add Default Button to lxc and qemu options

Dominik Csapak d.csapak at proxmox.com
Mon Jun 6 10:57:34 CEST 2016

> Since here we are at the risk of reverting user submitted changes IMHO
> it might be safer to have the reset button in the modal edit window
> (Edit.js) of the option
> where the scope of a 'Default' is clearer ?

yes i find this a very good idea, but i am unsure about the
specific execution.

should we on a click simply revert the setting in the
combobox/checkbox/etc. to the default value and
detect and delete it on a click on "OK"?

or should we immediately delete the value in the backend?

i guess the first option would be the behavior the user
expects, but then we have to maintain the defaults in
the backend and the gui, and keep them in sync

the second option would be much easier to implement
and maintain, but it is clearer then?