[pve-devel] Dedicated Migration Network #1177 v2

Phil Kauffman kauffman at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 18 18:28:31 CET 2016

On 11/17/2016 04:48 AM, Thomas Lamprecht wrote:
> Does this trigger always?
Yes.

> This seems not directly related to the migration network changes,
> as the API call _can_ already connect to the other node over the
> specified network.
> Else it would not output like:
>
>  > Nov 17 11:12:40 # /usr/bin/ssh -o 'BatchMode=yes'
> root at fd0f:38:500:15::3 /bin/true
>  > Nov 17 11:12:40 Host key verification failed.
>
> And if he can connect he does exactly the same things as on the other
> network.
>
> Can you try migration type 'insecure' also?
Yes. I have tried both secure and insecure.

> Seems like a problem with your other network? Not quite sure, that seems
> strange to me.
This is possible, I am continuing to debug on my end with some test
machines.

>> ### Migration succeeds, but parse error on /etc/pve/datacenter.cfg
>>
>> root at bravo-vmnode2:~# cat /etc/pve/datacenter.cfg
>> migration: network=192.168.2.0/24
>
> You're using a wrong format here, if the migration property gets set the
> type needs always to be set too.
I know. The man page indicates otherwise.

migration: [type=]<secure|insecure> [,network=<CIDR>]
            For cluster wide migration settings.
I also states the type=secure is the default, also indicating that
'type' is optional.

--
Phil Kauffman
Systems Admin