[pve-devel] LXC volumes on ZFS over iSCSI

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Tue Oct 11 17:18:08 CEST 2016

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 08:33:02 +0200 (CEST)
Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:

> I agree with Dietmar.
>
> Think of a missed ssh command to remote node (small network timeout for example), for a resize volume for example.
>
> the lun will still be there, but wrong size, and if you do a live migration, it'll crash (and maybe data corruption).

I think this is highly hypothetical since a LUN at any point in time
can only be active on one node, proxmox that is, so the hole operation
is serializable which means that every step will be controlled and can
be rolled back. Eg. we are dealing with a deterministic state machine.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
[Wisdom] is a tree of life to those laying
hold of her, making happy each one holding her fast.
		-- Proverbs 3:18, NSV