[pve-devel] LXC volumes on ZFS over iSCSI

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Oct 12 06:41:46 CEST 2016

>>And what about CIFS?

I can't comment about CIFS, I never run vm on it.

But what I known , is that it's really depending of CIFS version implementation, both client && server.

Old CIFS version (smb 1.x) (windows2003/xp), was a very bad protocol (very chatty).
I known that last windows2012 have very good CIFS (smb 3.x), I don't known support in samba4 server or other NAS.

http://ram.kossboss.com/correlating-versions-samba-smbcifs/

To be honest,I don't care anymore, as I'm currently migrating on my vms on ceph/rbd ;)