[pve-devel] pve-manager and disk IO monitoring

Andreas Steinel a.steinel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:13:34 CEST 2016

Hi Mir,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Michael Rasmussen <mir at datanom.net> wrote:
> I use virio-scsi-single exclusively because of the hough performance
> gain in comparison to virtio-scsi so I can concur to that.

I just benchmarked it in on a full-SSD-ZFS system of mine and got reverse
results.
I used 4 cores, 512 MB-RAM (fio 2.1.11, qd32, direct, libaio) and this
varies:

Test                  | sequential 8K | randread 4K | randrw 4K 50/50
virtio-scsi           |           53k |         57k |             11k
virtio-scsi-single    |           35k |         41k |             11k
virtio-scsi IO/Thread |           29k |         43k |             11k
virtio-scsi-single IO |           29k |         44k |             11k

So, what was your test environment? How big was the difference?

Best,
LnxBil