[pve-devel] question/idea : managing big proxmox cluster (100nodes), get rid of corosync ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Sep 20 07:43:33 CEST 2016

One thing that I think it could be great,

is to be able to have unique vmid across differents proxmox clusters.

maybe with a letter prefix for example (cluster1: vmid: a100 , cluster2: vmid:b100).

Like this, it could be possible migration vm across cluster (offline, or maybe even online),
and also share storage across cluster.

It could be great for ceph too, if you want to share a pool between differents cluster.
(we can create multiple pool in ceph, but with too many pool, this increase the number of pg, which is bad for ceph)