[pve-devel] back from holiday, I'll more time to work on proxmox

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Mon Apr 17 16:18:56 CEST 2017

> Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> hat am 16. April 2017 um 20:55 geschrieben:
>

> >>Great. But keep in mind that Debian stretch release is soon, so it is too late
> >>for big new features in 5.0. But we are a rolling release, so we can integrate
> >>those
> >>new feature when they become ready/stable. For 5.0, we are mostly in bug fixing
> >>mode. New features which does not add much code are still accepted.
>
> Yes, no problem ! (I had hope to have more time before, but I was very very busy last months).
>

> >>We also have the a new ceph repository which requires more testing ...
>
> do you build ceph package yourself ? If yes, it could be great to build with jemalloc.
> I can provide patch if needed.

yes, see [1] - 12.x only (for now). the current patch set / delta is not that big yet. if you have specific tweaks you'd like to see, please file enhancement requests, propose them on pve-devel or just send patches (although I guess that most of them would either be cherry-picks or build options currently, where sending patches adding new patches does not make that much sense IMHO ;)).

our main goal with this is to have better control over updates - both in the sense of being able to test our integration better before passing on an upstream release, and in the sense of being able to quickly fix issues without having to wait for them to be included in an upstream release.

do you have any hard figures regarding the jemalloc benefits?

1: https://git.proxmox.com/?p=ceph.git;a=summary