[pve-devel] kernel BUG at ./include/linux/swapops.h:129!

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Wed Apr 19 22:29:23 CEST 2017

> Eric Blevins <ericlb100 at gmail.com> hat am 19. April 2017 um 21:59 geschrieben:
> I believe 4.10.8-6 is affected by this bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1674838
>
> My server just experienced this problem, had to power cycle to recover.
> If there is any info I can provide that might help fix this let me
> know but I mostly mailed pve-devel to make you aware of this upstream
> bug.

we are aware of this issue (and have been chasing it for around two weeks already, it is most likely affecting all of the Ubuntu Zesty based 4.10 kernels we have released in the PVE 5 Beta so far). unfortunately there is no reliable reproducer so far - we've just seen three separate spurios occurrences on our dev machines.

if you find/have a reliable way to trigger it (preferably without needing hours of load), you would greatly increase the chances of finding the cause and fixing this (both for PVE 5 and Ubuntu 17.04 ;)). if you do, please include information about the system(s) (hardware and "pveversion -v") with which you have been testing. thanks!